Thursday, January 21, 2010

My Favorite Teacher

I stole this blog idea from my girl Kelli! I love her she is so awesome. We had the amazing opportunitity to work together for a few months. She is such an awesome girl and so easy to talk to.

She blogged about her favorite teacher.
Since I am majoring in Elementary Education this teacher is one of the reasons why I want to be a teacher and why I want to teach this grade.

Oh second grade. Oh the memories. This grade is one of the grades that I have the most memories of.
Mr. Nate Tebbs.
I remember how much he loved making us laugh.
He is such an amazing wonderful man. He made learning so much fun.
If it was drawing pictures of me and Stetson Laws on the chalk board... (he was my second grade crush)
Mr. T gave us a hard time.
He taught us to have fun, be outgoing, something to "crow about".
To never let our dreams fail. He always supported every single one of us.
We sang songs I'll always remember. Taught us games that I will always play.
I still remember me and my girlfriends in that class would go to the back of the classroom after recess and primp in the mirror, he was so patient with us.
He made a huge impact on my life. He was patient with me. He wanted me to learn, success in life and grow.
But he taught us how learning is so much fun. I still see this man around Richfield and I can talk to him and I feel like I am back in second grade.
I know this is a secret but he told me, my parents, and my grandparents that I am his most favorite student ever. How exciting is that? I hope I didn't offend anyone but it makes me excited

So many people ask why I want to teach second grade. I tell them, it's because it was my FAVORiTE grade ever and Mr. T was my most FAVORiTE teacher ever.
Thanks so much Mr. T for making a great impression in my life and helping me shoot for the stars, dream big and helping inspire me to want to know what I wan to be when I grow up.
I really hope when I am a teacher I can make an impact on everyone of my future students lives.

Let me know who your favorite was teacher and why?
With love
Tori

3 comments:

Kelli said...

That was so cute Tori! You will be a fabulous teacher! :)

A Little bit of Sparks said...

That was so cute, but you forgot to tell everyone about your bra story! That still makes me laugh because you know.... its you tori! You will make an excellent teacher one day!

The Barclay Family said...

I was thinking the same thing as Brit about the bra story Tor!! Cute post! :)